12/21/08

Bob Dylan - Blonde On Blonde - 1966


Honestly, even I'm surprised I haven't
up loaded this album yet! About four or five years ago,
while I was still living on a small island, a Filipino guitarist
friend of mine approached me one day with this album.
At the time, both of us were just getting into old school music
and had mostly been listening to just AC/DC and Led Zeppelin,
so were someone talked him into buying this album,
he was kind of let down by how folk the music was,
but then he listened to the lyrics and fell in love with it,
so he decided to bring it to me and let me have a listen.
He played a couple of his favorite track,
I asked to borrow it, then I listened to it none stop
for about a month until he forced me to give it back!
I've been a huge Dylan fan every since and it's got me
more into both folk and rap too strangely enough, heh.

Anyway, this album was released shorty after his departure from
traditional folk music. His third electric album to be exact!
This is the perfect album for anyone who is into rock
or blues music, but just can't really get into folk.
Just one listen to the song 'Visions Of Johanna'
will convert almost anyone to Bob Dylan-ism!
In my opinion, no one ever has, nor ever will,
fuse folk and rock together as flawlessly as Dylan
had done on this album and the two before.
Also, I prefer the sound of his voice on this album
over any of his other albums. I like all of his earlier stuff
and I'll admit the his voice and accent in them
worked pretty well with the music, but it's hard to
listen to them for too long without a break
and although Dylan is just as musically and lyrically gifted as ever,
his newer stuff just sounds like his voice is dieing on him to me.
But, these are just my opinion and I still love the guy
for all he has given us, so sorry if anyone disagrees with me.


Track Listing

1. Rainy Day Women #12 & 35 - 4:38

2. Pledging My Time - 3:47

3. Visions Of Johanna - 7:32

4. One Of Us Must Know (Sooner Or Later) - 4:58

5. I Want You - 3:11

6. Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again - 7:08

7. Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat - 3:55

8. Just Like A Woman - 4:45

9. Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine) - 3:26

10. Temporary Like Achilles - 4:53

11. Absolutely Sweet Marie - 4:51

12. 4th Time Around - 4:32

13. Obviously 5 Believers - 3:35

14. Sad Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands - 10:44

No comments: